South Dakota Golf Association The mission of the South Dakota Golf Association is to foster, promote and conserve the true spirit and the best interest in the game of golf in the state of South Dakota, as embodied in its ancient and honorable traditions. The SDGA conducts 15 championships, and sponsors a statewide junior tour and two 36-hole junior invitational tournaments.
Founded in 1988, the Dakota Junior Golf Association was developed by a group of golfers wanting to provide for and promote junior golf activities in the Bismarck-Mandan area. The mission of this organization is:
1. To teach the sport of golf to youth under the age of eighteen by holding clinics and instructional classes conducted by qualified instructors.
2. To provide or enhance the opportunity for participation in competitive golf activites by junior golfers, including organizing and conducting junior golf camps and tournaments.
3. To encourage the development of a lifelong recreational activity, emphasizing good sportsmanship, self-discipline and an enjoyable experience.
4. To educate the adult golfing community on the importance of junior golf in furthering the future of golf in the region.
5. To afford the youth the opportunity to give back to their community through participation in Junior Tours.
6. To enrich the lives of youth using golf as a vehicle.