U.S. Kids Golf World Championship
Pinehurst # 3, Pinehurst # 4, Pinehurst # 8, Mid Pines, Talamore, Midland, Legacy Golf Links, Hyland Golf Club, Little River
Played at Pinehurst Resort in Pinehurst, North Carolina, the home of American Golf, the US Kids Golf World Championship is the largest and most prestigious event in the world for players 12 and under. This three-day tournament, held in the setting of tall southern pines and Donald Ross greens, attracts over 1,300 participants from across the United States and more than 30 countries abroad. Players, ages 5 to 12, qualify for the World Championship through Qualifiers, Local Tours, European and Regional Championships, and performance in previous World Championships.
2013 Tournament Information
Application Deadline: July, 2013
Practice Round: August, 2013
Boys Divisions: ages 5-12
Girls Divisions: ages 5-12
Format: 3-days of Stroke Play
Field Size: 1,300+
|Age Group||Yardages/Day (+/- 5%)||# of Holes/day|
|Boys 6 & Under||1300||9|
|Age Group||Yardages/Day (+/- 5%)||# of Holes/day|
|Girls 7 & Under||1500||9|
MyGolfPros Tour Tidbits:
* Parents with multiple children can take advantage of the U.S. Kids Golf sibling policy where a sibling of a qualified player can be permitted to play in the tournament as long as they have met the scoring requirement.
* Golfers between the ages of 6 to 12 play in age appropriate, gender specific groups.
* Caddies are allowed
* Measuring devices are allowed
* Tee Gifts and awards are given
* Top finishing boys and girls, age 12, will be invited to play in a match play competition on August 7, 2011 called the World Cup. Players and parents in this age group should consider this competition when making travel arrangements.
Entry Criteria & Exemptions
The Invitation Policy for the 2013 World Championship is subject to change.
Invitations will be emailed to all kids meeting the age, eligibility and scoring requirements. Entries will be on a first come, first served basis. An invitation does not guarantee a spot and entries may be terminated at any time.
1. All World Championship individual winners will receive a LIFETIME INVITATION.
2. The second through tenth place finishers (and ties) in each age and gender division at the World Championship who meet the scoring requirements below will receive an invitation to the following year’s World Championship.
3. Regional Championships – Those finishing first through third (and ties) in each age and gender division who meet the scoring requirements below at the 2011 PGA Golf Club Invitational, 2012 Desert Shootout, and the 2012 Jekyll Island Cup will automatically receive an invitation to the 2011 World Championship.
4. Those finishing first through fifth (and ties) in each age and gender division as well as all Van Horn Cup team members who meet the scoring requirements below at the 2010 European Championship will automatically receive an invitation to the 2012 World Championship.
5. World Championship Qualifiers – Winners of each age and gender division who meet the scoring requirements below will automatically receive an invitation to that year’s World Championship. Players finishing 2nd to players who have previously qualified for this year’s World Championship will also receive an invitation therefore encouraging previously qualified players to participate and guaranteeing that they will not take someone else’s spot by playing. The scoring requirement below must be met by everyone in order to receive an invitation to the World Championship, regardless of the position in which a player finishes. Others demonstrating exemplary play based on nationwide performance levels who meet the scoring requirements below, may be awarded a Special Invitation for that same year’s World Championship. All invitations for the World Championship will be sent from the U.S. Kids Golf Foundation headquarters. Onsite directors do not have the authority to issue an invitation.
6. Local Tours – Player of the Year honorees who have participated in at least 4 events in that Local Tour who meet the age and scoring requirements below will automatically receive an invitation to the World Championship the following year (12, 13 & 14 year old Player of the Year honorees who will be too old to participate, will receive an automatic invitation to the following year’s U.S. Kids Golf Teen World Championship if they have met the scoring requirement). Those demonstrating exemplary play in Local Tour events through the end of June based on nationwide performance levels and who meet the scoring requirements below, may be awarded a Special Invitation for that same year’s World or Teen World Championship.
7. Special Invitations will be made on the second Friday in July and are at the sole discretion of U.S. Kids Golf. Unfortunately, due to space limitations there will be no siblings of special exempt players granted an exemption.
8. Sibling policy – The sibling of any player receiving an invitation to the World Championship who meets the scoring requirement below will be allowed entry into the World Championship. Both children must register at the same time to guarantee entry and participation is based on availability. The sibling must have met the scoring requirement in a U.S. Kids Golf event within the past year. Siblings are not considered qualified players and therefore eligible to earn their own invitation through a WCQ. Please notify U.S. Kids Golf of any siblings that are registering for the event by sending an email to email@example.com.
9. Other Special Invitations – U.S. Kids Golf reserves the right to allow other Special Invitations to qualified players who work in support of the company.
|Age Group||9 Holes||18 Holes|
|Boys 11 to 12||40||84|
|Boys 9 to 10||44||88|
|Boys 7 to 8||46|
|Boys 6 & Under||48|
|Girls 11 to 12||44||88|
|Girls 9 to 10||46||92|
|Girls 7 & Under to 8||48|
Please link to the following website for more information about the U.S. Kids Golf.