U.S. Kids Golf Teen World Championship
The U.S. Kids Golf Teen World Championship takes place in Pinehurst, North Carolina, the weekend before the World Championship. Golfers, ages 13 to 18, tee it up on some of the best and most revered golf courses in America. This three-day tournament attracts over 400 participants from across the United States and more than 30 countries abroad. Players qualify for the World Championship through Championship Qualifiers, Local Tours, European and Regional Championships, and performance in previous World Championships.
2013 Tournament Information
Application Deadline: July, 2013
Practice Round: Wednesday, July, 2013
Boys Divisions: ages 13-18
Girls Divisions: ages 13-18
Format: 54 Holes, Stroke Play
Field Size: 400+
Men’s Yardage: (13) 6,200; (14) 6,500; (15-18) 6,800
Men’s Slope/Rating: TBD
Women’s Yardage: (13) 5,600; (14) 5,800; (15-18) 6,000
Women’s Slope/Rating: TBD
MyGolfPros Tour Tidbits:
* Parents with multiple children can take advantage of the U.S. Kids Golf sibling policy where a sibling of a qualified player can be permitted to play in the tournament as long as they have met the scoring requirement.
* Golfers between the ages of 13 to 18 play in age appropriate, gender specific groups.
* Caddies are allowed
* Measuring devices are allowed
* Tee Gifts and Awards are given
* Top finishing boys and girls will be invited to play in a match play competition on July 29, 2012 called the Teen World Cup. Players and parents should consider this competition when making travel arrangements.
The Invitation Policy for the 2012 Teen World Championship is subject to change.
2012 Invitations will be emailed to all kids meeting the age, eligibility and scoring requirements. Entries will be on a first come, first served basis. An invitation does not guarantee a spot and entries may be terminated at any time.
1. All World Championship and Teen World Championship individual winners will receive a LIFETIME INVITATION.
2. The top 25 finishers (and ties) in each Boys division and the top 15 finishers (and ties) in each Girls Division at the 2010 Teen World Championship and all Teen World Cup team members who meet the scoring requirements below will receive an invitation to the following year’s Teen World Championship. Those finishing in the top 25 in the Boys 12 and Girls 12 divisions at the World Championship and all World Cup team members that meet the scoring requirements below will automatically receive an invitation to the following year’s Teen World Championship.
3. Regional Championships – Those finishing first through third (and ties) in each age and gender division who meet the scoring requirements below at the 2011 PGA Golf Club Invitational, 2011 Desert Shootout, 2012 Copperhead Classic, and 2012 Jekyll Island Cup will automatically receive an invitation to the 2012 Teen World Championship.
4. European Championship – Those finishing first through fifth (and ties) in each age and gender division as well as all Van Horn Cup team members who meet the scoring requirements below at the 2011 European Championship will automatically receive an invitation to the 2011 Teen World Championship.
5. World Championship Qualifiers – Winners of each age and gender division who meet the scoring requirements below will automatically receive an invitation to that year’s Teen World Championship. Players finishing 2nd to players who have previously qualified for this year’s Teen World Championship will also receive an invitation therefore encouraging previously qualified players to participate and guaranteeing that they will not take someone else’s spot by playing. The scoring requirement below must be met by everyone in order to receive an invitation to the Teen World Championship, regardless of the position in which a player finishes. Others demonstrating exemplary play based on nationwide performance levels who meet the scoring requirements below, may be awarded a Special Invitation for that same year’s Teen World Championship. All invitations for the Teen World Championship will be sent from the U.S. Kids Golf Foundation headquarters. Onsite directors do not have the authority to issue an invitation.
6. Local Tours – Player of the Year honorees who have participated in at least 4 events in that Local Tour who meet the age and scoring requirements below will automatically receive an invitation to the Teen World Championship the following year. Those demonstrating exemplary play in Local Tour events through the end of June based on nationwide performance levels and who meet the scoring requirements below, may be awarded a Special Invitation for that same year’s Teen World Championship.
7. Sibling policy – The sibling of any player receiving an invitation to the Teen World Championship who meets the scoring requirement below will be allowed entry into the Teen World Championship. Siblings are not considered qualified players and therefore eligible to earn their own invitation through a WCQ.
8. Other Special Invitations – U.S. Kids Golf reserves the right to allow other Special Invitations to qualified players who work in support of the company.
If space is still available after priority registration ends, the remaining spaces will be filled through resume based entry.
|Age Group||9 Holes||18 Holes|
|Boys 15 to 18||41||82|
|Boys 13 to 14||44||88|
|Girls 15 to 18||43||86|
|Girls 13 to 14||44||88|
Please link to the following website for more information about the U.S. Kids Golf