Optimist International Jr. Golf Championship
PGA National Resort and Spa
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
July , 2013
This year junior golfers from all over the world will travel to Florida for the 17th annual run of THE OPTIMIST. In 2012 junior golfers will have 54 opportunities in the US and Canada to participate in an Optimist District tournament. These events are used as a qualifier in which golfers compete for a chance to play in this Jr Championship held each summer. Winning a District tournament also earns sponsorship for juniors, who will have their registrations fees, 5 days of lodging, breakfasts and dinner throughout the tournament as well as various activities paid for while they are at the Championship.
2013 Tournament Information:
Tournament Fee: $695 (see below)
Application Deadline: Golfers must play in a District Qualifier to be accepted (see below).
Practice Round: TBA
Boys Divisions: ages 10-18 (see below)
Girls Divisions: ages 10-18 (see below)
Format: Number of holes varies by age (see below), Stroke Play
Field Size: 680+
Men’s Yardage: 6,800
Men’s Rating/Slope: 141/7.46
Women’s Yardage: 6,000
Women’s Rating/Slope: 135/71.3
To play at the PGA National is a treat for any golfer. The five championship courses are designed by Nicklaus, Fazio, Palmer and Litten. Home to many majors, including the Ryder Cup, the resort offers an unparalleled golfing experience.
MyGolfPros Tournament Tidbits:
* This tournament has all inclusive entry fees for tournament, lodging etc.
* $695 is the “Golfer Only” rate
* Applications: Golfers play into this tournament through competing in District Qualifiers. However for those is applies to, At Large Applications are due May, 2013. At Large Applications apply to International applicants and those who did not have a District Qualifier in their region to compete in.
* Age Divisions:
Boys 10-11, 12-13, 14-15, 16-18
Girls 10-12, 13-14, 15-18
* Ages 10-15 Format: 54 Holes, Stroke Play. Ages 16-18, 72 Holes, Stroke Play.
* Top 50 Boys and Top 35 Girls will play in final round.
* Golfers in the Boys and Girls 16-18 divisions must be 16, 17 or 18 as of August 2, 2011 and currently enrolled in high school, or a 2011 high school graduate.
Entry Criteria & Exemptions:
Boys Champion = Fully Exempt
Boys Top 5 = 3 Exemptions
Boys Top 10 = 2 Exemptions
Boys Top 15 = 1 Exemption
Girls Champion = Fully Exempt
Girls Top 3 = 3 Exemption
Girls Top 5 = 2 Exemptions
Girls Top 10 = 1 Exemption
Please link to the following website for more information Optimist.