AJGA Open Events
AJGA Open Tournaments usually take place between April and September each year. This year, the kickoff event was in Puerto Rico in mid-January. Entry into these tournaments are based solely on Exemption Status and Performance Stars.
2013 Tournament Information
Tournament Fee: $280
Application Deadline: Typically 5-6 weeks prior to event
Practice Round: The day before the event
Boys Division: ages 12-18
Girls Division: ages 12-18
Format: Typically 36-54 Holes, Stroke Play.
Field Size: Typically 72-216
Men’s Yardage: varies, 6,500-7,400
Men’s Rating/Slope: varies, 72.2-77/129-143
Women’s Yardage: varies, 5,700-6,300
Women’s Rating/Slope: varies, 72.7-75/126-136
MyGolfPros Tournament Tidbits:
* Membership to the AJGA is required to participate and runs $215-$285 annually.
* Qualifier fees are $90 for members and $115 for non-members.
* AJGA members may compete in a maximum of five tournaments (excluding the invitational events)
* Tournament information includes recommended hotels or family housing
* There is usually a care for the course and a cookout or dinner at each event
* Please note the AJGA no show policy
* Each event has college coaches in attendance
* Dress code strictly enforced, girls shorts must be as long as a dollar bill from knee to short bottom
Entry Criteria & Exemptions
Entry is based on Exemptions and Performance Stars
Boys Top 5 = Fully Exempt
Boys Top 10 = 3 Exemptions
Boys Top 15 = 2 Exemptions
Boys Top 25 = 1 Exemption
Boys Top 50% = 2 Performance Stars
Girls Top 3 = Fully Exempt
Girls Top 5 = 3 Exemptions
Girls Top 10 = 2 Exemptions
Girls Top 50% = 1 Exemption
Please link to the following website for more information about the American Jr. Golf Association.