Women’s Western Junior Championship
The Women’s Western Junior Championship is conducted by the Women’s Western Golf Association. Founded in 1901 the WWGA has been holding National Championships for 107 years. The group strongly focuses on the advancement of women golfers. Throughout it’s existence with this tournament and others WWGA has granted over $3 million in scholarships to over 260 players and 24 collegiate programs.
2013 Tournament Information
Tournament Fee: $150
Application Deadline: July, 2013
Practice Round: July , 2013
Format: Match Play. 18-hole stroke-play qualifying for match play. Low 32 qualifiers shall constitute the Championship flight with the final round being 18 holes. All other players will qualify into flights of 16 players with the final round being 18 holes. Consolation in all flights.
Field Size: 96
Women’s Yardage: 6,360
Women’s Slope/Rating: 73/132
MyGolfPros Tournament Tidbits:
* No measuring devices allowed
* Private Housing is available for contestants only
* No spectator carts available
Entry Criteria & Exemptions
Tournament is open to amateur female golfers who
(1) have an up-to-date 18-hole USGA Handicap Index not to exceed 22.4 under the USGA Handicap System,
(2) are girls 18 years of age or younger who will not have reached 19 years of age by the date of the Finals of the Championship,
(3) are not college or university students
(4) foreign entries are welcome.
Girls Top 2 = Fully Exempt
Girls Top 4 = 3 Tournament Exemptions
Girls Top 8 = 2 Tournament Exemptions
Girls Top 16 = 1 Tournament Exemption
Please link to the following website for more information about the Women’s Western.